14th Focus on Book Arts Conference (2019)
The 2019 Focus on Book Arts Conference took place at Pacific University in Forest Grove, OR on June 26-30, 2019. We had over 200 people on campus for this great conference, including students, instructors, vendors and staff. Here is a recap of the activities and events from this conference.
1, 2 and 3-day workshops were held during the 5-day conference, which included 32 Workshops by 18 experienced book artist instructors. There were workshops for all levels of book artist attendee from beginner to advanced.
We had a variety of events and activities during the conference, including 2 receptions. Some of the highlights included:
- Faculty-Staff Exhibit, works of art on display by instructors and conference staff
- Trade Show, vendors selling materials, supplies and tools for book artists
- Artists’ Fair, artists from the conference selling their creations
- Raffle, items donated to FOBA were raffled to attendees to support the Colleen Cavin Fellowship program
- Evening Talks
“A Guided Tour through the Leather Manufacturing Process”, David Lanning from J. Hewitt
” Money for Old Rope: The Golden Age of Papermaking”, William McCracken from Vintage Papers
- Pitch and Put (it out there), attendees, instructors and staff shared what they have been working on
- Create your own name tag, provided an opportunity for attendees to make a name tag that expresses themselves
And lots more…