The 2019 Focus on Book Arts Conference took place at Pacific University in Forest Grove, OR on June 26-30, 2019. We had over 200 people on campus for this great conference, including students, instructors, vendors and staff.
1, 2 and 3-day workshops were held during the 5-day conference, which included 32 Workshops by 18 experienced book artist instructors. There were workshops for all levels from beginner to advanced.
We had a variety of events and activities during the conference including 2 receptions. Some of the highlights included:
- Faculty-Staff Exhibit: Works of art on display by instructors and conference staff
- Trade Show: Vendors selling materials, supplies and tools for book artists
- Artists’ Fair: Artists from the conference selling their creations
- Raffle: Items donated to FOBA were raffled to attendees to support the Colleen Cavin Fellowship program
- Evening Talks:
- “A Guided Tour through the Leather Manufacturing Process”, David Lanning from J. Hewitt
- ” Money for Old Rope: The Golden Age of Papermaking”, William McCracken from Vintage Papers
- Pitch and Put (it out there): Attendees, instructors and staff shared what they have been working on
- Create Your Own Name Tag: Provided an opportunity for attendees to make a name tag that expressed themselves
And lots more…