A very dedicated group of people helps with planning, organizing and managing the conference. If you’re interested in volunteering with FOBA, you can help from wherever you live.
We are very proud that we’ve been able to put on the Focus on Book Arts Conference every two years with an all-volunteer staff.
Every bit of your help makes a difference.
With the exception of at-conference volunteer needs, you do not need to be in the Portland, Oregon area to help. Many of our board and committee members are scattered around the United States.
PLANNING AND PREPARING FOR THE CONFERENCE
Focus on Book Arts Conference planning and organizing continues during our off-conference years. Each FOBA board member has specific responsibilities related to the biennial conference. As we begin the planning for the 2024 conference, we have openings for some positions on the board. We’re seeking board members who will be responsible for specific aspects of the conference.
Many of these board members rely on teams to help with the organizing of the conference. For instance, the Events Planner has volunteer(s) for each of the different events (i.e., trade show, faculty exhibit, speakers, etc.) and activities (i.e., raffle, challenge book, etc.). If you’re not yet ready to commit to joining the board, you may want to consider helping with a specific part of the conference and volunteering to join a team.
FOBA Open Positions
As we begin our planning for a 2024 FOBA Conference, we have a couple of open board positions to fill. If you are interested in finding out more about positions on the board, please contact Jean at email@example.com. The open positions include Conference Director for the next conference, Volunteer Coordinator and Fundraising and Development Coordinator.
- Manage the organization and planning for the biennial book arts conference. Lead a team of volunteers who are responsible for all the aspects of putting on the conference.
- Work with the president and treasurer to establish and manage the budget for the conference.
- As an all volunteer organization, the Volunteer Director is responsible to manage all aspects of volunteers for the conference – finding, allocating, and managing the volunteers for the conference.
- Additionally this person will assist the president and conference director in finding volunteers for the board, as well as helping to find volunteers to work with the board as it prepares for the conference.
- Work with the board to develop sustainable sources of income for FOBA to ensure we can offer a robust and successful conference that is as affordable as possible for all attendees.
- Additionally, help support the Fellowship and scholarship programs. Sources of income may include grants, sponsorships, donations, fellowship raffle, and events that provide funds to FOBA.