Opportunities for connection abound at workshops, lectures, in residence halls, at meals, around campus, and while meeting and shopping with artists, peers, and experts in the trade. At FOBA 2024, let’s celebrate all the opportunities for interaction that a book arts conference embodies.
- BiblioBingoPart treasure hunt, part trivia quest, part bingo daubing, this game will put you in pursuit of information and people. Everyone will receive game sheets in their welcome bag and there will be prizes for finishing a row or column (or all!) of the spaces. You’ll complete a square by finding a specific person (like someone from Arizona or instructor whose name begins with D) or item (like an artist’s book with a blue cover or a tool made of wood) or vendor (like someone selling something purple or who traveled from out of state) or fill in a little-known fact.
- Challenge Book: InteractionYou are invited to explore the theme of “Interaction” in book or box form for this year’s Challenge Book exhibit. Challenge Books will be displayed anonymously and artists revealed at Hospitality Night. Conference participants will judge the entries and, in addition to the approbation of your peers, you could win a prize!
- First Timers ClubNew to FOBA? You’re not alone! Join the First Timers Club and you can learn what to expect at the conference, make new friends, and get your questions answered.
- FOBA MerchandiseShow your support for FOBA! For the 2024 conference, we have t-shirts, aprons, and tote bags for sale at BLUE FOX PRINTS A portion of the proceeds benefits FOBA.
- Fundraising Raffle and Silent AuctionFOBA will hold a Raffle and Silent Auction at the 2024 conference. Proceeds will support the Colleen Cavin Fellowship program as well as support the running of FOBA’s biennial conference. Raffle tickets will be available from volunteer sellers every day of the conference. You can participate in the Raffle and Silent Auction by donating items before the conference and/or bidding on them during the in-person conference.
- On-Site SuppliesGreen Heron Book Arts from Forest Grove, OR will be providing supplies for preorder and for sale on-site during the conference.
- Photo BoothArtist books can be difficult to photograph, especially when they involve many pages or moving parts. To help with this tricky task, we will be offering a photo booth set up for participants to document their artwork, along with handouts containing detailed instructions on the best ways to photograph your artwork and artist books in particular.
- Snag-a-bag swapFor FOBA 2024, we’d like to have some fun with our conference carry-all bag. We will be holding a snag-a-bag swap and sale. Grab one of those bags from your conference tote collection and up-cycle it! You can repurpose one you already have by marbling, painting, dyeing, printing, collaging, embroidering or generally embellishing the bag into a new, one-of-a-kind collector’s item.