During FOBA 2022 Conference
For conference problems you may call FOBA day manager 503-741-7983.
For campus non-emergency issues, please call Pacific University at 503-810-9591.
In case of emergencies, call Campus Public Safety at 503-352-2230 or from on-campus phones dial 2230. This number is for emergencies ONLY, please.
If you have signed up for meals (full meals or lunch only) you will be given meal information at check-in, including meal times.
Meals will begin with dinner on Thursday and end with lunch on Tuesday unless you have made arrangements to stay on campus Tuesday night.
|FOBA Meal Timings||Thursday||Friday – Monday||Tuesday|
12:00pm – 1:00pm
12:00pm – 1:00pm
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be available during specified hours in the Washburne University Center.
If you did not sign up for meals, you cannot buy food from the cafeteria. However, many restaurants are within walking distance of the Pacific University Campus. You are welcome to bring outside food to eat with us in the cafeteria.
The Pacific Café located in the Washburne University Center.
Please present your badge with the symbol to the cashier at the University Center cafeteria whenever you go for a meal.
If you did not purchase a meal package, your name badge does not have a meal symbol and you cannot buy food from the cafeteria. However, there is a snack bar, the POD, and a Starbuck’s in the University Center next to the cafeteria. When they are open you can purchase food and bring it to the tables in the cafeteria to eat with friends. Meal symbols for the cafeteria will not be honored at the POD; everyone must pay.
The POD hours are 8:00 am-2:00 pm, Monday-Saturday. As of this printing, there is a possibility that the POD and Starbucks will be undergoing a vendor change and may not be open.
Please do not go to the cafeteria before our assigned time. The cafeteria will be open earlier and serving food to other groups; we are not scheduled to eat then and need to wait for our assigned hours. You may stay in the dining hall after meals if you wish.If you have purchased a meal package (full meals or lunch only) your name badge has a special symbol that is your meal ticket.
Staying on Campus
Everyone will be issued a building key and a parking permit, which is required for all vehicles parked on campus. Those staying on campus will also be issued an apartment key and a room key. When you leave at the end of the conference, ALL keys must be returned. Note that the fee for lost keys is significant – $300 per key.
Parking permits are required if you park a vehicle on campus. With a permit, day-use parking is allowed in any lot on campus. Please, DO NOT park in any space marked Reserved. Day parking is also available on the street, but is time-limited, and the city is diligent about ticketing.
Overnight parking is allowed only in Lot K, the most convenient lot for the housing at Burlingham.
- Burlingham Hall is a series of small apartments, each of which has four single rooms with two shared baths and a common area. There is also a small kitchenette (stove, microwave, and refrigerator) in each unit in case you wish to store some soda or juice, or make tea or instant coffee.
- Linens and towels are not provided. The beds are Twin XL. If you purchased a bedding package with your registration, it will be waiting for you at check-in. No additional bedding packages will be available for purchase on-site. At check-out, you may keep or donate the bedding package.
- These apartments are non-smoking facilities. No drug use is allowed on the Pacific University campus. This includes marijuana.
- Burlingham Hall is air-conditioned. It has elevators for those with rooms on upper floors. Please remember, this is still a college dorm room. You may want to bring along some amenities such as a clock, a radio, a light, hangers, ear plugs if you have trouble sleeping, rubber shower slippers, and a robe.
- Laundry facilities are available in Burlingham Hall.
- There are no phones in the suites at Burlingham Hall. You need to bring your own cell phone if you feel a phone is necessary. There are public phones on campus, which require a credit card.
- If you require ADA accommodation, please check in with our Facilities Manager at email@example.com to coordinate your needs.
Maps & Walking Directions
Not Staying on Campus
If you are not staying on campus, Forest Grove offers these housing alternatives.
- McMenamins Grand Lodge, 3505 Pacific Avenue, Forest Grove, 503-992-9533 or 877-992-9533
Built in 1922 as a Masonic & Eastern Star home, this historic lodge was renovated in 2000 and includes a restaurant. See their web page at: www.mcmenamins.com/grand-lodge
- Best Western University Inn & Suites, 3933 Pacific Avenue, Forest Grove, 503-992-8888.
Complimentary full breakfast, indoor pool, exercise facility, and free wireless internet access in all guest rooms are some of the amenities. See their web page for reservations at:
- America’s Best Value Inn & Suites, 3306 Pacific Avenue, Forest Grove, 503-357-9000
A complimentary continental breakfast, indoor pool, a spa tub, a fitness center, and complimentary wireless internet access are some of the amenities. See their web page at:
All these motels are located along Pacific Avenue, Hwy. 8, in Forest Grove. The distance from the Pacific University campus: America’s Best Value Inn is 1 mile, The Grand Lodge is 1.1 miles, and Best Western University Inn is 1.5 miles.
There are many other motels in the Hillsboro area. Look for one that has easy access to Highway 26 or Highway 8, the Tualatin Valley Highway.