June 23, 2021 – Deadline for submissions & payment to be received.
- This exhibition is open to any artist 18 years of age or older.
- Fee for entry is $10 per artwork (not per artist)
- We have a limited number of fee waivers reserved for BIPOC participants. If you identify as Black, Indigenous, and/or a Person of Color and would like your challenge book project entry fee waived, please claim a waiver when you submit your entry.
- The work must be created in 2021.
- Maximum of 3 works may be submitted per artist.
- The work has to include ALL three criteria.Your work must incorporate at least three words.
- Your work must include some color or texture that you have created
- Your work must be a book or box – no restrictions on structure.
The artist agrees that images of selected artwork and the submitted text can be used by Focus on Book Arts for promotions and publications.
Submission of entry constitutes agreement to all conditions in the prospectus.
- Please send gallery quality images without background clutter or text.
- DO NOT send composite images or images with embedded text.
- If your work is accepted for exhibition, the images you submit, along with the text you provide will be used for print & digital publicity.
- Please rename your image files prior to submission as follows:
First Initial-Last Name-First word of title-Second word of title-number.jpg
Please use hyphens between words as indicated e.g.. J-Doe-My-Book-1.jpg, J-Doe-My-Book-2.jpg
Laura Russell has published a series of blogs specifically addressing photographing artists’ books Photographing your artist books