The raffle of book arts items held during the conference raises funds to support the Colleen Cavin Fellowship program, which allows selected participants to attend the conference in exchange for volunteering during the conference. Most of the items in the raffle are donated by participants of the FOBA Conference. In the past the raffle has been one of the favorite events at the conference and is greatly appreciated by the Fellowship recipients. Raffle tickets will be $1 each, and drawings will take place during the evening events throughout the conference.
Please consider donating something. Contributions will be exhibited during the conference with the donor’s name on the item until the drawing occurs. If you would like to donate to the raffle, simply email Jackie Wygant (email@example.com) with a description of the item you are bringing and then bring it to the conference check-in area when you arrive. Some ideas for raffle donations include
- Hand made artist’s books (these are some of the most popular and coveted items)
- New or used books about book arts or how to do book arts related skills, etc.
- Book making tools or items like sewing frames or paper making kits
- Rolls of hand decorated papers or book cloth
- Other materials used in book arts such as specialty papers, leather, etc.
FOBA is now a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and your donation is tax deductible. We will provide you with a donation receipt. If you would like to donate to the raffle, please bring your item(s) with you. We would appreciate it if you would notify us in advance so we can prepare for your item(s) display. For pre-notification and other queries or information, including shipping details, please contact: