Suminagashi Marbling on Paper and Fabric
A one-day workshop with Jackie Wyant
May 19 OR May 20, 2018 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., lunch break 12:15 – 1:00
Location: Denny’s Workshop, 12814 NW Bishop Rd., Hillsboro, OR 97124
Learn a few unusual techniques for using Boku Undo marbling inks on various papers. In addition to regular paper laying, we will do the Spanish Wave and quadrant rolling. We will do friskets, dodging and creating open spaces for calligraphic pieces. We will also marble a few small fabric pieces for use in quilting, appliqué or other small sewing projects.
Provided for each participant’s use:
- marbling tank, brushes and set of inks
- at least 20 pieces of various kinds of papers
- a few prepared squares of fabric
Participants should bring:
- apron, gloves if desired
- portfolio or piece of cardboard for transporting slightly damp papers home
Optional to bring:
- additional paper—must be precut no larger than 9 X 14 inches—slightly smaller is easier to work with. Note: most papers that can be fully wetted without falling apart will work.
- additional fabric—light colored, prewashed, dried and ironed smooth should work, no larger than 8 X 8 inches as fabric is harder to lay than paper.
Registration opens March 15, 2018