FOBA Open Positions
The Focus on Book Arts Conference takes place every odd numbered year towards the end of June. The planning for the next conference begins as soon as one finishes. Volunteers are needed during the conference and throughout the almost 2 years of planning for the next conference.
Volunteer opportunities fall into a few different categories. You can learn more about the different types of volunteer opportunities in the following document. Volunteer Needs
We currently have positions open at the board level and expect to have lot of committee jobs as conference planning gets underway. Watch this space for volunteer opportunities throughout the 2 year planning cycle for jobs that may be of interest to you.
- Registration, a key role for the FOBA conference that manages all aspects of conference attendance. The registrar handles all the elements of signing up for the conference including workshops, housing, and meals, communicates with attendees regarding their registration status, prepares the packet for the attendee and check-in staff, monitors and reports to the board on the status of registration including workshop signups and monies from registration, handles refunds, summarizes and supports analysis of conference registration. This requires a fair amount of spreadsheet work, and configuration of the registration software being used for the conference.
- Fundraising, a new role that will allow us to make FOBA a more fiscally stable organization. This is a new role for the FOBA board and we envision it will encompass many methods and ways of fund raising. This may include finding sponsors for FOBA events and activities, defining and organizing fund raising events and activities, requesting grants, soliciting donations through the website and other means, and FOBA products.
- PR/Marketing, while currently being filled, we have some flexibility in the assignment of board roles and if you have experience and interest in PR and Marketing, we would like to talk with you. PR and Marketing is a very key role for FOBA. It is a role that defines the “face” of FOBA and how potential attendees, instructors, and volunteers find out about us and see us. This position is responsible for the production of all of the materials that FOBA generates, including the catalog, participant handbook, save the date information, newsletter, and more. Additionally, the PR/Marketing responsibilities include social media (facebook, Instagram) and the website. This person will be the leader of a team of volunteers
If you are interested in one of the board positions, please contact Jean Wyatt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Teams are currently being formed in the following areas:
- PR/Marketing, there are may aspects to PR and Marketing that include branding, social media, websites, style sheets, newsletters, and publicity
- Events and Activities, there are lots of activities and events that happen during the conference. We are looking for people to plan these different events. This may include finding and arranging for speakers, defining other evening events, organizing the Tradeshow and/or Artists’ Fair, and more.
If you are interested in being on one of these teams, please contact Jeanne Levy at email@example.com