COLLEEN CAVIN FELLOWSHIP
We are looking for applicants with energy and ideas to contribute to our conference. Our successful candidate(s) will be immersed in the wonderful community of artists that come together for our conference, be exposed to some of the national names in Book Arts, and provided with an opportunity for high level instruction. In addition, some the mysteries of how a conference is put on and the work involved in making it successful will be revealed with hands-on clarity.
The work will consist of assisting our Day Manager in activities such as the following:
- Assist the Workshop Coordinator with classroom set-up and delivery of instructor materials
- Walk the campus to visit classes in progress and take photos
- Deliver equipment or materials to various locations on campus
- Welcome and direct conference attendees in the registration area
- Greet, host, and coordinate set-up and clean-up of evening activities (with others)
- Assist with set up and maintenance of the Work/ Study fundraising activities
- Give short breaks to our staff and Trade Show vendors
In addition, in the spirit of giving to the future:
- Donate a handmade item to the Fellowship fundraising raffle.
The person(s) chosen will work for three full days at the conference in exchange for two days of classes and five nights of lodging and meals on campus at no charge. Class materials and fees are the responsibility of the recipient.
The applicant should be available to work Tuesday, June 25, the day before the conference begins. The other days will be during the conference which ends on Sunday, June 30.
Classes are offered Wednesday through Sunday, June 26-30. Applicants should have first and second choices for each of their two days of classes since many of our classes fill up quickly. Additionally, in order to balance our needs with applicant’s desires, a second or third choice would be negotiated, if necessary.
Applications are due on February 7th, and decisions will be sent out in mid-February. The application can be downloaded FOBA scholarship application 2019. If you have questions, please contact: