Focus On Book Arts will offer up to three Fellowships in conjunction with our July 2022 conference.
- Fellows will work alongside the Board, Instructors, and Volunteers to create an exciting event for our Book Arts community. In exchange they will receive on-site lodging, meals, and two days of class tuition as well as the opportunity to rub elbows with leaders in the book arts world.
- Recipients will be expected to arrive in Forest Grove, Oregon on July 13th and then stay through the 5-day conference ending on July 19th. Work will include the setup and take down of the physical event. Recipients also support unique events and activities, help with check-in, as well as assist participants and instructors. It is important to engage with the FOBA community. Fellows help where needed.
- All book artist applicants from beginner to professional will be considered; however, preference will be given to beginners with an interest in ongoing support of the book arts community.
- At least one of the three Fellowships will be awarded to an artist from a traditionally underrepresented group. FOBA has an ongoing commitment to support a broad range of book artists and to increase the depth, breadth, and quality of book arts.
- Recipients will have access to early enrollment for classes. Please note that they are responsible for materials fees.
To apply, submit the following application by January 31, 2022. If you have not received an application receipt within three days, please contact Jeri Oswalt at firstname.lastname@example.org
After a review of all applications, interviews with top candidates will be held virtually.
FOBA’s 2022 Colleen Cavin Fellows will be announced on March 1, 2022.