Colleen Cavin Work/Study
This year we will be choosing two people with a background or serious interest in Book Arts to participate in our Work/Study program. The persons chosen will work for three full days at the conference in exchange for two days of classes and five nights of lodging and meals on campus at no charge. Class materials fees are the responsibility of the recipient. The work part will consist of assisting our Day Manager in activities including but not limited to the following:
• Assist the Workshop Coordinator with classroom setup and delivery of instructor materials
• Walk the campus to visit classes in progress and take photos
• Deliver equipment or materials to various locations on campus
• Staff the registration area to welcome and direct conference attendees
• Greet, host, and coordinate set-up and clean-up of evening activities (with Pacific staff)
• Assist with set up and maintenance of the Work/Study fundraising activities
• Give short breaks to our staff in the Artists’ Shop and to Trade Show vendors
• Donate a handmade item to the Work/Study fundraising raffle
We are looking for applicants with energy and ideas to contribute to our conference and to inspire us with what they are doing in the book arts. Our goal is to involve our two successful candidates in the wonderful community for artists that come together for our conference, to expose them to some of the national names in Book Arts, and to provide them with an opportunity for high level instruction
The days available for helping are: Tuesday, June 20, the day before the conference begins, and Wednesday through Sunday, June 21-24. The days available to take classes are Wednesday through Sunday, June 21-24. Applicants should have first and second choices for each of their two days of classes since many of our classes fill up quickly. Additionally, in order to balance our needs with applicant’s desires, a second or third choice would be negotiated, if necessary.
Click the work/study application link on the left to apply.
The deadline for emailed applications is March 1, 2017, and a decision will be made by April 15, 2017. If you have questions, please contact: Karin Sandwick firstname.lastname@example.org.