SUMMARY OF SKILLS
- Experience developing curriculum/training methods and teaching original material.
- Superior manual dexterity and attention to detail; excellent communication skills.
- Ten years experience in bookbinding, book conservation, and book arts.
- Experience designing and implementing workflows and quality control in a production setting.
HARVARD UNIVERSITY EXTENSION SCHOOL Cambridge, MA 2016-present
Master of Liberal Arts, Information Technology, Candidate, 2018
- Field of Study: Digital Media Design, GPA: 3.7
- Certificate in Web Technologies, May 2017
NORTH BENNET STREET SCHOOL Boston, MA 2006-2008
Diploma, Hand Bookbinding
- Mastered historical and contemporary hand bookbinding techniques, book conservation treatments, and material-specific hand skills.
WASHINGTON COLLEGE Chestertown, MD 2001-2005
Bachelor of Art, Fine Art
- Academic Dean’s List, Senior Visual Arts Thesis Honors, 2004 Juried Visual Art Award
NORTHEAST DOCUMENT CONSERVATION CENTER (NEDCC)
Andrew W. Mellon Conservation Fellow 2013–2014
- Worked independently and as part of a team of conservators to conserve unique and rare materials in book and pamphlet formats.
- Coordinated with adjacent departments to improve workflow and insure quality of inter- departmental projects.
PENLAND SCHOOL OF CRAFTS Instructor 2013
- Developed and taught a course syllabus, including theory lessons, demonstrations, exercises, and projects for a week long intensive Calligraphy course.
- Worked with students individually, tailoring the instruction to address their specific needs, different levels, and varied learning styles—balancing practice and theory.
- Supported each student in skill building and inspired them to expand their creative application of calligraphic lettering within their artistic endeavors.
DARTMOUTH COLLEGE LIBRARY Project Specialist 2011–2013
- Serving as lead project technician for a large-scale digitization project, managed communications between the project team and outside vendors.
- Planned and taught creative and technical aspects of bookbinding and book arts in the Dartmouth College Library Book Arts Workshop program.
- Contributed heavily in department wide responsibilities such as event planning, document review, blog-post writing, professional development, managing/training interns, and lab maintenance.
BOOK ARTS GUILD OF VERMONT President 2010–2013
- Developed mission statement and short- and long-term goals for the organization, namely, to design and implement a new membership structure that provides quality educational opportunities for members, and to promote growth and diversity within the organization.
- Executed the planning, organizing, building, and curation of annual book arts exhibits.
- Planned workshops, field trips, talks, and demonstrations by artist presenters, teachers, and professionals in book arts and related fields for monthly meetings.
- Coordinated, wrote agenda for, and directed quarterly meetings of the board of directors.
THORNWILLOW PRESS Hand Bookbinder 2008–2009
- Applied advanced manual skills in the complete production of fine press leather bindings, edition binding, and custom box making.
- Managed and executed employee training in hand bookbinding processes, workflow procedures, and quality control.